‘Paris One Takes’ (City Series – 2010)
I first released “Paris One Takes” as a free download for its first year. It has since become the featured bonus CD in World Music Network’s Rough Guide to Paris Lounge compilation. But you should really buy it here directly from me.
STORY – Tucson chanteuse Marianne Dissard’s 2010 “PARIS ONE TAKES” is a full-length live studio album that features 15 songs, culled from both her first award-winning “official” album, “L’Entredeux,” produced and co-written by Joey Burns of Calexico, and her second, upcoming “official” album, “L’Abandon,” due out in late 2010. Recorded in Paris, France in December 2009, with a band tight as can be from 30 dates in 1 month over 7 European countries, “Paris One Takes” was available as a free download for its first year, a gift to all the fans and friends who helped make these first couple of years of touring a dream come true!
“I’m crazy in love with this recording! I feel this is the best live/studio recording we’ve ever done. The band is tight, exciting, excited! Feels like the singing is freer and raunchier, yet still sensual and tender or, as Brian quipped, « it’s matured ». We were all having fun on tour and that recording shows it! A year after its release, the first album, “L’Entredeux,” gets re-invented by the best live band I’ve ever gotten to tour with, while the second album, “L’Abandon” gets hinted at in a promising way! Enjoy this ‘in-between’ album!” md
CREDITS – “Paris One Takes” features Marianne Dissard on vocals, Brian Lopez on guitar and vocals, Olivier Samouillan on viola, accordeon and mandolin, Geoff Hidalgo (Mostly Bears) on bass and Sergio Mendoza (Calexico, Y La Orkesta, Devotchka) on drums and piano, with engineering & mixing by Jean-Pierre Sluys from Badabing Studio in Paris, France, with additional mixing by Jim Waters from Waterworks Studio in Tucson, Arizona.
Marianne Dissard – vocals
Brian Lopez – guitar/vocals
Olivier Samouillan – viola, accordion, mandolin
Geoff Hidalgo – bass
Sergio Mendoza – drums, piano
Recorded December 2009 in Paris, France at Badabing Studio by Jean-Pierre Sluys.
Mixed by Jean-Pierre Sluys and Jim Waters.
Cover album design: Marianne Dissard, from photos by Florence Doléac’s intern and one of the guys who snapped a picture of me in Bordeaux.
TRACK LISTING – “Paris One Takes”
01. La Peau Du Lait (Marianne Dissard/Christian Ravaglioli)
02. Le Lendemain (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns)
03. L’Embellie (Marianne Dissard/Naïm Amor)
04. Les Draps Sourds (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns)
05. Merci de Rien du Tout/Flashback (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns + Marianne Dissard/Naïm Amor)
06. Les Confettis (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns)
07. Ce Visage-Là (Marianne Dissard/Naïm Amor)
08. Indiana Song (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns)
09. Trop Exprès (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns)
10. Sans-Façon (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns)
11. It’s Love (Sergio Mendoza)
12. Le Jour de L’Anniversaire (Marianne Dissard/Christian Ravaglioli, Antonio Gramentieri, Mirko Monduzzi)
13. Cayenne (Marianne Dissard/Joey Burns)
14. El Pajaro Y El Ciervo (Brian Lopez)
THANKS – Olivier Samouillan, Brian Lopez, Jim Waters, Jean-Pierre Sluys, Jean-Michel Dissard, Sergio Mendoza, Geoff Hidalgo, Chris Burr, Rolf Witteler, Le Pop Musik, Rob Hecht, Christian Ravaglioli, Antonio Gramentieri, Mirko Monduzzi, Jim Blackwood, Maggie Golston, Carl Hanni, Florence Doléac & her intern.